Friday, September 9, 2011

New Semester, New Apartment

I am living in the best apartment less than a block away from the Provo Library. I have two amazing roommates (they are sisters) and we are getting along just wonderfully. They are the two sweetest girls and I love them dearly.
The Kitchen

Living Room

My half of my room


In other news, I'm being so good at being social! We had FHE at our apartment on Monday. Usually we have groups assigned, but they haven't gotten around to it, so we invited another girls and a guys apartment to join us and we made pretzels.

Sunday was Fast Sunder (one Sunday out of the month, LDS people fast together for certain things, it's really an amazing experience) and our ward had a break the fast dinner. I started talking with some people who I decided were kindred spirits. We went to see the Three Musketeers last night and it was really fun. Not the best production ever (though the set was fricking amazing!), but it was a fun evening out.

I work three days a week stocking bottles in the vending machines on campus. It's pretty dull work, but I work with a fun guy and it's over quickly so even though I don't particularly enjoy the work, it's not too bad.

Last little bit: classes. I'm taking three literature classes, so a lot of reading, but I'm enjoying it all. I think one of my favorite classes is my Family Life class. We are studying the The Family: A Proclamation to the World which is a document that the LDS Church put out back in 1985 about the place the family holds in the world and the family unit in general. It's way good. But we study more than that, we are going to be looking at how to build a successful family. We get to hear some fun stories and talk about what I consider to be the most important thing in the world. It makes that whole "marriage" thing less scary.

The last class I'm taking is a Mission Preparation class. For those of you who don't know, I'm planning on serving an 18 month mission leaving in January (possibly more like April). I don't know where I'm going to be sent, but I know that I will be doing important work for my Heavenly Father. I'll keep you updated on the proceedings. I just realized how soon the end of October is going to come. That's when I think I'll be turning in my papers!

P.S. I was taking an advertising class, but after we spent 40 minutes in the first class watching YouTube videos, I decided it wasn't for me. Also, it made my Thursdays incredibly long (8am-6:30pm)

2 comments:

  1. i'm so jealous of your kitchen. i'm having a bit of a difficult time not being able to just cook things when i want.
    i'm so proud of you for being social!
    and i'm so glad you're liking your classes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I am so excited for you going on a mission! I am so jealous! I want to leave right now! Too bad I have a year and a half...haha. Also I am happy you are being social. Also I want to do something with you. I have plans this weekend, but next weekend? Yes?

    ReplyDelete