All I do is read. Go to class, read, sleep, rinse and repeat. It would be one thing if it were brainless reading, but it's homework and the only break I get from the classics is my Bio text. I am loving reading all these amazing works of literature -Shakespeare, Wordsworth, Beowulf, George Herbert - but it might be nice to get a break. By back and bum hurt from all the sitting I have been doing.
However, one good thing has come out of it. I like to change up my scenery when I have to read a lot and pay attention. It's a great way to stay focused as being in one room for hours on end drives me completely nutty. On Saturday, I went to Kiwanas park and laid in the sun and read Romantic poetry. I go out to the courtyard in my apartment complex and read on the picnic tables. I read at various places on campus. I love it.
Today, someone int interrupted my reading...grrrr. I was just sitting there and he walks by and finishes his phone conversation then feels the need to befriend me and tell me all about his life and how he just got back from his sister's in FL and the flight was so turbulent he thought he was going to die and how he is so tired so he probably won't go to class tonight. All I could think was "YOU MAY BE A TERRIBLE STUDENT, MISSING ALL KINDS OF CLASS, BUT I AM NOT SO STOP INTERRUPTING MY HOMEWORK!!!!" He just kept talking and talking and asking me questions. I had just got back from a run too, so it's not like I looked particularly pretty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh come on - you are beautiful even when you are pretty. He was totally flirting with you. Next time just say you have to go if they take up all your time. ;o) And find a new place to read.
ReplyDeleteLiz J.
Way to win friends and influence people...
ReplyDelete