So, as I was procrastinating finishing my paper for American Heritage, I was listening to some music and looking out the window, basically zoning under the pretense of thinking about my paper, and I came to an interesting conclusion. Life isn't fun. Sure, you have a few good moments, but for the most part, life is made up of moments like the one I just had. Sitting and just being, but not active, and not exactly "fun". I mean, we are stuck in classes for how many years? And how many of those classes do we actually like enough to be involved?
I find myself content with sitting and listening to music and looking out the window for hours on end. The French have the right idea with all that cafĂ© sitting, but we are too ‘busy’ to enjoy moments like that. It's moments like that that allow us to learn the most about ourselves, our surroundings, and our beliefs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
well said, laura.
ReplyDeleteyoure absolutely right.
Yes, I too have realized how much of life is fluff. The ratio of "important life moments" to fluff is low. Ah well.
ReplyDelete