Tuesday, April 20, 2010

On the Campaign Trail

So, as many of you know, my dad is running for US Congress. It is super exciting but also very stressful. There is so much to be done and so many places to be. My first night back from Provo, I hadn't even opened a suitcase, I get told the calandar. There is something going on every day!

This morning I went over to Fort Benning, the headquarters, with my dad. He was fiddling with wires and trying to fix ATT. I got to hand address 100 invitations to an event, stuff the envelopes and stamp them twice (once for postage, and once with the return address label). Why we couldn't just print out the envelopes, I have no idea. I guess it is just more personal that way. So that took me about an hour, but dad was still fiddling and I ended up sitting there for quite some time. Lesson: ALWAYS bring a book. I used to be so good at that, but I've gotten used to not while I've been away.

We saw the first of the billboards that we bought today. It was one of the smaller "poster" sized ones. So weird to see my dad's face on a billboard!

Less to do with the campaign:
So each of the three Benning girls have left home at some point, accumulated a lot of stuff, then brought it all home. When Ashley left the last time, she ended up with a full appartments worth of stuff (not just a dorm) and so she took over one of the bedrooms. That was all fine because Kimberly was moved out and had vowed never to live here again. Well, she came back, and when I moved away to college, she took over my room, leaving me absolutly roomless. I don't mind that as much as I mind not having a place to put my stuff. Ashley has been so kind to move around some stuff and let me use the couch bed in her office. She even brought in a card table for me to put a suitcase on. I still have to put my bed away every morning or else there is no room in here. It doesn't really matter anyway because in less than two weeks I am leaving again...for Germany!!!!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like lots of exciting thing sare happening at the benning house! i cant wait to see you! the weekend cant come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete